Bombay Highpolymer Chemical Products Ltd.
- Bombay Highpolymer Chemical Products Ltd [BHCP®] is a leading manufacturer of Unsaturated Polyester Resins [UPER].
- BHCP® also deals in fiberglass, catalyst, accelerator and other accessories used in the FRP industry.
- BHCP® has been promoted by Shri Pavwan Droliaa, who has had a decade of business experience in the field.
- Dr Sandesh Pokale, PhD in Hydrometallurgy, another director in the BHCP® group, has been involved in specialty resins including epoxies for 8 years.
- Goutam Bhattacharya, a well-known expert in polymers, resins and composites and with over two decades of international experience, is the Principal Advisor to the BHCP®
- There are two plants in Ambernath. The production capacity is 300 M/T per month of UPER.
- A new plant is planned in Wada, consolidating the operations.
- The new plant will have an additional capacity of 500 TPA.
- The plant is self-sufficient in utilities – thermic fluid heater, cooling tower, chiller, DM plant, material handling, storage & generator.
- The lean manufacturing team is competent, and has had long experience in UPER.
- Quality Control is handled by an independent team in a well-equipped laboratory.
- BHCP® uses technology compatible with current European state of the art for a wide range of high-quality products.
- This technology provides the benefits of cost economy, greater productivity and lower energy consumption.
- The company has its own marketing team.
- BHCP® has a chain of retail outlets catering to the small consumer.
- BHCP® sells to a judicious mix of dealers and direct customers in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman.
- Plans are afoot to expand the market to include Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Bhutan, Jharkhand & West Bengal.
- Exports have just started, and are expected to become more significant in the second half of 2009.
- A strategic alliance with an international company is under negotiation.
- Value-added products like Vinyl Esters and Powder Binder for Fibreglass Mat are planned for the second half of 2009.
- Export of UPER, epoxy resin and accessories will be stepped up à a greater leverage in the import of important raw materials.
- Work on a clutch of approvals and certifications will start once the new plant is commissioned.
- On an opportunistic basis, the new plant will have the capability to make other products like
- Saturated PolyEsters for Metal Coating & for Printing Inks,
- Speciality Plasticisers like TOTM,
- PolyEsterImides for electrical applications,
- Reactive Fatty PolyAmide Resins as hardeners for Epoxy Resins,
- Non-reactive Polyamides for Hot Melt Adhesives & for Printing Inks,
- Polymeric Plasticisers like PPA &
- Polyester Polyols for PolyUrethane systems
- BHCP® is increasing its visibility through participation in exhibitions, starting with JEC Singapore in 2009.
- A downstream venture is on the horizon.
- The timing for introducing Enterprise Software is under discussion.
- An overseas plant is in the plan.
- In the Indian marketplace [102,000 TPA and growing], BHCP® with its assets of technology, skilled manpower and market reputation, is ideally poised for take-off.